[Coco] Houston, we have a problem...

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Thu Jun 6 14:59:02 EDT 2019

The Java DW4 server does quite a few things that are questionable and
generally not particularly portable. For instance, it relies on a native
code library for serial I/O. It also seems to exercise pretty much the
entire JVM in one way or another.

Interestingly, the version prior to the major GUI change was very
stable. But after the GUI change, it was only ever really stable on
Windows. I can't remember which version number introduced the current
GUI and it's not certain that that older version would be any more
functional on current systems.