[Coco] Houston, we have a problem...

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Jun 6 14:07:10 EDT 2019

On Thursday 06 June 2019 09:29:34 am Rich Carreiro wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what is it about newer JVMs that breaks DW?

Quite a lengthy and many times repeated list of java errors, and when it
does settle down to looking almost normal guiwise, its still not talking
to the coco.
java.net.SocketException: Address already in use (Listen failed)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketListen(Native Method)
        at
java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.listen(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:376)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:237)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:128)
        at
com.groupunix.drivewireui.nineserver.NineServer.run(NineServer.java:25)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

(DriveWire:5987): libsoup-CRITICAL **: soup_session_feature_detach:
assertion 'SOUP_IS_SESSION_FEATURE (feature)' failed

(DriveWire:5987): libsoup-CRITICAL **: soup_session_feature_attach:
assertion 'SOUP_IS_SESSION_FEATURE (feature)' failed

(DriveWire:5987): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
g_closure_add_invalidate_notifier: assertion 'closure->n_inotifiers <
CLOSURE_MAX_N_INOTIFIERS' failed

(DriveWire:5987): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **:
g_closure_add_invalidate_notifier: assertion 'closure->n_inotifiers <
CLOSURE_MAX_N_INOTIFIERS' failed

And it goes on for at least another 20k, changing the message
occasionally.

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 2:22 PM Michael Kline via Coco
> <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> wrote:
> > I'm running Java version 8, build 191. I haven't allowed Java to
> > update past this build, and DW4 works fine with this version.
> > Perhaps the idea is to revert back to a last working build and
> > disable further Java updates. At least for the time being...
> >
> > For me personally, I only use Java for DW4.
> >
> > Michael

> > > Do you mean this:
> > > https://github.com/n6il/pyDriveWire
> > >
> > > I've been using it with my MC10. I haven't had a chance to break
> > > out the CoCo's yet.
> >
> > --

> Rich Carreiro             rlcarr at gmail.com

Cheers, Gene Heskett