[Coco] NitrOS9 and 6309 code

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Jun 1 12:56:54 EDT 2019

On Saturday 01 June 2019 12:38:03 pm Jeff Teunissen wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 7:54 AM Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net>
wrote:
> > I just changed byte six in gshell from $11 to $17, verified it, and
> > started Multi-Vue. MV ran correctly and there was no 234 error. I
> > can't reproduce your error, so exactly what did you do with gshell?
>
> OK, I'll try Vaughn Cato's Vu. Now, I am running the version of
> NitrOS9 that exists in the hg repository, or at least hg from
> a couple of days ago. I do _exactly_ this:
>
> copy /dd/cmds/vu /r0/vu
> cd /r0
> ded vu
> (press L, type vu at the prompt to link to the Vu module in the file)
> (change $11 to $17 at byte 6)
> W to write, V to verify, W to write again, Q to exit.
> ident vu, verify that the CRC is good and Type/Language byte says it's
> a "Prog mod, 6309 obj, re-en, R/O"
> load /r0/vu (success)
> vu
> Error #234 - Non-existent Module (I have KrnP3 in my boot)

That conflicts with the (v for vdg) windows descriptors someone added. I
had to rename the patched tsedit from vi to to vim to get rid of that
error. Its got nothing to do with 63 vs 68 09's. Does this only happen
on a 6309? I'd think it would be rejected by either. In my case just the
expansion beyond a two char name was enough to fix the confusion.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)