[Coco] NitrOS9 and 6309 code

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Sat Jun 1 13:22:11 EDT 2019

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 12:57 PM Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 01 June 2019 12:38:03 pm Jeff Teunissen wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 7:54 AM Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net>
> wrote:
> > > I just changed byte six in gshell from $11 to $17, verified it, and
> > > started Multi-Vue. MV ran correctly and there was no 234 error. I
> > > can't reproduce your error, so exactly what did you do with gshell?
> >
> > OK, I'll try Vaughn Cato's Vu. Now, I am running the version of
> > NitrOS9 that exists in the hg repository, or at least hg from
> > a couple of days ago. I do _exactly_ this:

[snip]

> That conflicts with the (v for vdg) windows descriptors someone added. I
> had to rename the patched tsedit from vi to to vim to get rid of that
> error. Its got nothing to do with 63 vs 68 09's. Does this only happen
> on a 6309? I'd think it would be rejected by either. In my case just the
> expansion beyond a two char name was enough to fix the confusion.

It doesn't conflict. You may be thinking of the VIRQ device /VI, but
that conflict doesn't happen on my machines because I renamed the
driver to /VQ

And like I said, it happens to all program modules I have tried,
regardless of their names -- in hg, something doesn't allow 6309
modules to run on a 6309 processor.