[Coco] converted AGD games - BIGPacks v2.4 released

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Tue Jul 23 01:56:16 EDT 2019

So, let me see if I have this straight, now.  I was previously under the
impression that all these converted games were games where you had access
to the original AGD script files used to generate the Spectrum version of
the game.  As I now understand it, what you had access to was the
already-compiled game for the Spectrum, and you wrote a C program to work
backwards from that to regenerate a version of the original AGD script file
that wasn't available.  This, I gather, was possible because AGD stores
things like tiles and sprites, etc. in some consistent format somewhere in
the Spectrum's memory map that allowed a memory snapshot to be analyzed to
figure out what the original AGD script looked like.  Then from there,
conversion for the CoCo or Dragon was possible using a 6809-modified
version of the original C-language Spectrum AGD compiler that you also
wrote.

Have I got that right?

Nice going!

Art