[Coco] co80 and cowprs modules in NitrOS-9 [WAS: format problems]

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 16:20:48 EST 2019

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 9:50 PM Tormod Volden wrote:
> A lot more people have the RS version, I suppose. I would be
> interested in hearing how well both drivers work with the latest
> snapshots.

Sorry, I guess I should have said, a lot more people have the I/II
versions. I understand the RS version is rare, although less rare than
the 9128-based PBJ prototype.

Talking about the CoWP driver module (from cowprs.asm), there is a
possible issue for I/II cards, highlighted by a comment I added to the
source file:
BASEADDR equ   $FF76            Note: WordPak I/II use $FF98

The hardware address is hardcoded, and to the $FF76 value valid for
the "RS" version and not for the WordPak I/II versions. Also, this
driver was only added to the repo in 2017 by lfantoniosi. What have
people been using with the I/II cards before? Is there another "co80"
or "cowp" driver around that is not in the NitrOS-9 repo? Gene's
"co80" module? What is the history of that one?

Regards,
Tormod