[Coco] co80 and cowprs modules in NitrOS-9 [WAS: format problems]

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jan 20 16:48:34 EST 2019

On Sunday 20 January 2019 16:20:48 Tormod Volden wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 9:50 PM Tormod Volden wrote:
> > A lot more people have the RS version, I suppose. I would be
> > interested in hearing how well both drivers work with the latest
> > snapshots.
>
> Sorry, I guess I should have said, a lot more people have the I/II
> versions. I understand the RS version is rare, although less rare than
> the 9128-based PBJ prototype.
>
> Talking about the CoWP driver module (from cowprs.asm), there is a
> possible issue for I/II cards, highlighted by a comment I added to the
> source file:
> BASEADDR equ   $FF76            Note: WordPak I/II use $FF98
>
> The hardware address is hardcoded, and to the $FF76 value valid for
> the "RS" version and not for the WordPak I/II versions. Also, this
> driver was only added to the repo in 2017 by lfantoniosi. What have
> people been using with the I/II cards before? Is there another "co80"
> or "cowp" driver around that is not in the NitrOS-9 repo? Gene's
> "co80" module? What is the history of that one?

ISTR I wrote that up and put it on the list at the time, but the coco
list was still on delphi then, so its doubtfull it still survives
anywhere. Looking at them today, the solder on the rs is crap & corroded
compared to the pbj. which is still pretty shiny.

> Regards,
> Tormod

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)