[Coco] OVCC releases

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 8 23:40:57 EST 2019

I have made several updates to the Windows release.

Newly added

FD502 module

Becker module

Updated

Harddisk module

Mpi module

Orch90 module

Two new ini files.

Reported Issues

Windows

The most prominent issue is that Vcc.ini is getting deleted on occasion.

Using the Windows Close (X) method to terminate ovcc quite often causes a
fault.

These two issues may be related.  So when exiting use the File->Exit option
from the Menu.

A copy of the deleted ini file maybe found in the ovcc folder with some
random extension to the name.

If so, you can recover the ini file by renaming this file.

You can also make extra copies of the ini file via the File->Save Config
option.

The expected behaviour for ovcc in regards to updating ini files is:

1.       A new temporary ini file is created with any changes

2.       The old ini file is deleted

3.       The temporary ini fle is renamed to Vcc.ini

Linux

Ini files again.

On rare occasion the ini file is lost and a defunct ini is created in its
place.

Subsequent evocations of ovcc start with a black screen.

Providing a good ini fixes the issue.

The linux version creates temporary ini's in the default temp directory.

It appears the temporary ini files are not being deleted.

Generally

Windows has native support for reading ini files.  Linux does not.

To make the Windows and Linux code consistent, ini file support in Ovcc is
provided by a library supplied with Ovcc called profport.

I have hardcoded profport into ovcc and many of the modules.

It appears that between deleting the ini file and renaming the temp ini file
something goes wrong.

I am investigating the code to determine why.

Walter

To the coders out there

(Mike)

I am close to finalising all the module code for Windows at which point I
think we should have a good candidate to push onto github.

I think we should also push the AGAR code but I'm not sure how we should
separate this from the ovcc code.

Mike I looked at the CreateSDLWindow function and you are correct.  I have
changed the code.

Walter