[Coco] OS9 Script scope.

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 22:32:55 EST 2019

This happen because the shell being run during "startup" is only temporary and dies with startup so any settings to that shell die with it.
There is an alternative "sysgo" in the repo that allows you to set multiple cmd directories during the boot. I think the source is labled "sysgo_bd.asm" as the original was by Bob Devries.
I use this particular sysgo in the Coco3FPGA build in the repo, so if you get one of the Coco3FPGA disks, you can pull the sysgo from that. Just replace the stock sysgo with the one from the CocoFPGA disk.
To use this feature, you must create a text file in /DD/SYS named "config.os9". In this file you type one line:

i=/1 PATH=/dd/cmds /x1/cmds (etc) chd /dd

This will set both /dd/cmds & /x1/cmds as default as well as /dd as default data dir. If this file is not found, it will default to /dd/cmds and /dd

hope this helps :-)