[Coco] Saw this on redit

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Wed Apr 17 14:48:08 EDT 2019

On 4/17/19 2:06 PM, tim franklinlabs.com wrote:
>     I'm not sure this is a true "reverse engineering" system. It looks like
>     he got the parts list (clearly available) and hand built his own CoCo.

>     Not to say that that isn't a noble challenge but it's really not RE. I
>     would wonder more why would one do it? I guess the only answer I could
>     think of would be 'just to have something to do'.

It's fun. Sorry but my day job is now Software Quality Assurance (I break
things) and while I enjoy the challenge (Software Defined Networks) it
isn't relaxing. I miss the simplier building electronics and programming
them (though I do get some of that with my HA stuff). There is nothing
cooler than be able to say 'I made that' despite the rest of the world
having no clue the effort.

And yes, I have several of my boards from the 80's still. All 6809 based.
That's my favorite process.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com