[Coco] Michael Kline: Let me introduce myself...

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Nov 26 16:24:59 EST 2018

Right, you may be able to find "A Memo on the Features of 6309" by Hirotsugu Kakugawa in the Archive
and there is information in the Hitachi 8/16-bit Microprocessor Data Book.

Anyway you can switch between the emulation and native modes using the MD register.
bit #      resulting value
7           becomes 1 on divide by zero
6             "     " on illegal instruction
1           0 sets FIRQ like 6809
             1 FIRQ same as IRQ
0           0 = emulation mode
             1 = native mode