[Coco] More on NitrOS9 and format

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Mar 18 20:41:22 EDT 2018

Bill Gunshannon wrote:

><snip>
> Pretty much anything.  I have tried formating SCSI with the
> TC^3, IDE's with the Cloud9 Super IDE and lately 8" floppies.
>
> Nothing special.  I have tried DMODEing for the 8" or just leaving
> the parameters the way they are for a standard COCO floppy
> (which is much smaller).  Anytime I try this using Level2 it gets
> part way thru and then the screen starts going whacky and then
> the system freezes.  The whackiness of the screen makes me
> think something is writing its way thru memory and it continues
> until it hits something important and then system crashes.
>
> I have tried allocating additional memory and this usually causes
> format to get further along but in the end, always the same.
>
> I have tried two totally different COCO3's with the same results.
>
> bill

Bill,

Since I can run Format without problems both on hardware and emulators, I still think there may be
more than just the Format code causing your problem. Please post the exact command sequence, the
Coco device (hardware/emulator), total memory, the type of drive and disk size.

That your use of the command fails while most if not all other users have it work indicates there is
some problem in addition to the Format command.

Robert