[Coco] NitrOS9 stability

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 09:33:51 EST 2018

On Mar 1, 2018, at 7:46 AM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:

> So, no luck getting anything particularly usable going with my TC^3.
>
> Going to give IDE a try next.

I had to build the SCSI drivers for my Ken-Ton, and was able to pull off hundreds of megs of data from old SyQuest drives.

I used SuperIDE drivers to pull off hundreds of meg from Compact Flash cards. No issues.

> But I have one big question.  Do other people find NitrOS9 unstable?

From what I’ve seen, it definitely has issues that were not there in the 90s. The "ease of use" folks may be able to help quite a bit, as they have been finding simple things that just didn’t work, and repairing them.

I have May instability issues even in DECB lately, though. Not sure if my hardware is dying or what, but I definitely have problems with my 32 year old CoCo 3, regardless of OS.