[Coco] NitrOS9 stability

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:46:08 EST 2018

So, no luck getting anything particularly usable going with my TC^3.

Going to give IDE a try next.

But I have one big question.  Do other people find NitrOS9 unstable?

I find that anything beyond the trivial usually crashes the system.

Usually symptom is the video starts going crazy and then the system

just locks up.  Even when running from a remote telnet session.

Format and OS9GEN are the ones I use that do it the most but it often

just happens.  I have two complete different systems and get the

same behavior so I am fairly certain it is not a hardware problem.

Well, unless it is related to the memory upgrades which I have not

found a way to test yet.

Maybe I should try Fuzix just to see if that is more stable.

Any comments?

bill