[Coco] NitrOS9 stability

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Mar 1 09:35:08 EST 2018

Bill, I run the latest version of NitrOS9 regularly and find no problems, though there's been some reported problems with the CoVDG (PMode) graphics routines. Since I don't use these drivers, I don't run into this.
At one time I was running a GlensideIDE & DriveWire on my real Coco3, the latest SD card drivers & DriveWire for the Coco3FPGA, and VCC with EmuDsk & Drivewire drivers. None of these had problems. I don't have a system up at the moment to do any testing.
BUT... it has been noted here on the list that there's problems with format AND os9gen, especially when running from scripts like the boot scripts provided on the distro disks.
There was also someone (Allen Huffman??) reporting the SCSI driver (TC^9) was not working properly. The problem in fixing the SCSI driver is that no one has one to test with, at least not the current developers of NitrOS9.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com