[Coco] printing from the DS-69 Digisector -- any printer driver gurus out there?

Chris Oliver chris.w.oliver at me.com
Wed Jun 27 19:36:22 EDT 2018

All,

Am attempting to print the 256x256 16-level scan output from the DS-69 Digisector, via the included C-SEE software (see https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxwisgraereggwn/CSEE33.DSK?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxwisgraereggwn/CSEE33.DSK?dl=0>).

I’m using the LPVIII, which I’m told is driver-compatible with the DMP-120. There is no LPVIII driver on the C-SEE disk, but there is a DMP-120 .drv file.  Output to the printer, using the DMP-120 driver, looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bbkoqvd2grmvaw/IMG_4115.jpg?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bbkoqvd2grmvaw/IMG_4115.jpg?dl=0>

Net-net: It’s working, but it’s line-wrapping as per the screenshot.  (Ignore the top and bottom sections of the printout — they are just reset-related noise.  The middle section is what matters.)  I don’t see any way on the printer itself to change the line width, so I can only assume that — somewhere in the driver itself — there is some declaration of line width that could potentially be tweaked.  I have also tried the DMP-400 driver on the C-SEE disk, and I get the same results — same line-wrap issue.

So here’s my ask: Are there any printer driver gurus out there who wouldn’t mind digging into the DMP-120 .drv file on the C-SEE disk and see if there’s an obvious way to remediate the line-wrap?  Friend for life if any of you can fix.  :)

Let me know!

Chris