[Coco] vef2png released (OS-9 image to PNG converter)

Travis Poppe travispoppe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 23:20:14 EDT 2018

All,

I'm currently writing some utilities that convert Color Computer image
formats into the modern, lossless PNG format.

The first I've released is vef2png, which converts OS-9 VEF images
(including compressed ones.) I've tested it with ~124 VEFs and have
noticed no problems.

It does not yet support two color VEFs, because I have yet to encounter
one. If you have one, feel free to send it to me and I'll add this
functionality.

It is available on github, which is where I will be posting any future
utilities:

https://github.com/tlpbsd/coco-tools

Sample VEFs are included here for testing purposes.

Hopefully someone other than me finds this useful!

Best regards,
--
Travis Poppe
IRC: tlp on irc.freenode.net