[Coco] What ever Happened to NineServer ?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 10:42:43 EDT 2018

The "Z" terminal windows have very little (if anything) to do with inetd or httpd. That's a whole new ballgame. Basically, you are trying to do two different things.
To use the Z descriptor is simple. After boot just type
shell i=/Zx&
That is all that is needed. You should be able to use the window on your PC immediately as you've created a shell for it to run on. Those windows are not configurable and have their own default settings.
I'm pretty sure inetd & httpd are meant for using with the "/Nx" series and/or the DW version of /term (for headless) using the TCP and/or hayes modem command set.
The real problem is we have several access methods, none of which are properly documented (the DW4 wiki is about 12 upgrades behind), and none of which were completely finished.
I know Brett Gordon has done more with the inetd & tcp stuff as I haven't worked with it at all other than to log into telnet BBSs.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com