[Coco] WiFi modem.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jan 19 10:39:22 EST 2018

> On Jan 19, 2018, at 9:32 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
>
> I might point out that fleabay also has RS485 plugins that are 4 wire ttl
> on one end, power, ground, send and receive, and the differential 2 wire
> rs485 on the other, giving a megabaud+ capable path, half duplex for
> about a buck a copy.

At my previous job, I worked on RS485 and Modbus protocol. At my current job, we use RS485 for communicating between Power-over-Ethernet “smart building” controllers. RS485 is also used for DMX lighting, which I also have worked with.

I have found some of these cheap USB-RS485 have issues working with DMX (which may explain why DMX interfaces are so stupidly expensive).

You are suggesting using something like RS485 between CoCo and a PC with a cheap interface, rather than RS232?

		— A