[Coco] More NitrOS9 fun

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Feb 19 18:35:54 EST 2018

Bill, mounting various size disks in /Xx to be formatted can be disastrous if not done properly. For instance, the drive descriptors for the "/Xx" drives are an odd size. They do not match the average VHDs found on the net and will format those image improperly if the descriptor is not changed or format not set for the image. As a default, if you stick a floppy disk image in a dw slot and just type format /Xx... it will try to format at the default size of the descriptor.
Also, dw is designed for "dynamic" disk sizes, meaning, a disk created with dw will have the size of "0" but will grow up to the descriptor size as you use it and fill it up.
Anytime you format with a dw drive, you MUST set the disk format and size manually in the format cmd line. Even better, set the descriptor size with dmode to match the disk image.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com