[Coco] CNR Engineering SP-3 (serial to parallel interface) - Manual?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Dec 24 00:57:28 EST 2018

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 6:04 PM Andrew <keeper63 at cox.net> wrote:

> Art, if I'm understanding you right, I just need to use regular serial
> port output commands (either POKEs or PRINT #-2), at the proper baud
> rate the device is set up for (it has a switch), and I just need the
> centronics pinout to know which pin is what for the data output?

Yep, that's exactly right.  If you are using the interface with something
other than a printer, you may need to knock out the part of the ROM printer
output routine (at $A2BF) that checks whether the printer is ready to
receive the next character.  Involves changing a conditional branch to an
unconditional one in two places.

Art