[Coco] CNR Engineering SP-3 (serial to parallel interface) - Manual?

Stephen Fischer SFischer1 at Mindspring.com
Sun Dec 23 18:23:19 EST 2018

On 12/23/2018 3:04 PM, Andrew wrote:
> My thought is to use the output for general device control, maybe
> controlling relays (either a pre-built relay module or via a transistor
> of course), or maybe steppers, etc - I might get a hair up my butt and
> try to send PCL to one of my HP LaserJet printers.

Or you could wire a 6522 VIA into you CoCo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOS_Technology_6522

Lots of bells and whistles in that chip, my SYM-1(s) has several
including the SYM-1 I put a 6809 CPU in to run Flex. (Synertek kit #
SN00001) :D

A really great chip, read the details, put two in at just about the same
decoding cost.

SHF