[Coco] CNR Engineering SP-3 (serial to parallel interface) - Manual?

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Sun Dec 23 18:04:40 EST 2018

Art, if I'm understanding you right, I just need to use regular serial
port output commands (either POKEs or PRINT #-2), at the proper baud
rate the device is set up for (it has a switch), and I just need the
centronics pinout to know which pin is what for the data output?

My thought is to use the output for general device control, maybe
controlling relays (either a pre-built relay module or via a transistor
of course), or maybe steppers, etc - I might get a hair up my butt and
try to send PCL to one of my HP LaserJet printers.

The device has a couple of rotary switches on it; one to select baud
rate (300 - 19200), and another to bypass it (turn it off), or select 7
or 8 bit (output I guess?). It has three cables and a power supply
hard-wired (it appears) to it. One cable is the centronics interface,
then other two are 4-pin DIN connectors (one male and one female).

--
Andrew L. Ayers
Glendale, Arizona