[Coco] Making it work...

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Sep 2 11:51:50 EDT 2017

To get software onto your drive setup, I would suggest getting (buying or building) a Drivewire cable and setting up a Drivewire server. You will also initially need a cassette cable. You can then load the Drivewire HDBDOS software initial from your cassette port. Once that is done you can copy a HDBDOS disk to a floppy using Drivewire and use that next time to load HDBDOS. Once you have HDBDOS running, you use use the procedure below to copy disks to your physical drives, or even just run software directly from Drivewire.

Mount the disk you want to transfer on Drivewire disk 0.
Insert a blank floppy into physical drive 1.
Type the commands below…
DRIVE 1 OFF
DSKINI 1
BACKUP 0 TO 1

Physical drive 1 will now have a copy of the disk. This will work for 35 track single sided disks, both Disk Extended Color BASIC and OS9/NitrOS9. To copy larger OS9/NitrOS9 disks, boot NitrOS9 from Drivewire and use that. I hope this help and answers your questions. I will send you my phone number in a private email if you want to call me for further assistance.