[Coco] Coco KB membrane replacement

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sun May 14 20:12:45 EDT 2017

Back in the mid 1980's surplus keyboards (Cherry style) were available.
I bought one, unsoldered the printed circuit board and hard wired the
keys for my "E" board CoCo 1.  It worked the first time.  I eventually
wore it out and did another.  Unfortunately, the second one did not fit
as well, but it still works.  As I see it, part of our problem is the
availability of usable surplus keyboards.  Now if we could design a
board with switches placed per the CoCo 2 & 3 patterns, (That is to use
the CoCo keyboard top and keys) I'd be in for at least 3 of each.
Remember, the CoCo 1 up to the "E" board used a printed circuit board
with brass colored spring contacts under the chicklet keys.  it was a
royal pain to reassemble.

Bruce W.