[Coco] Coco KB membrane replacement

camillus gmail camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 19:32:52 EDT 2017

what about the conductive rubber pads, that is being used in calculators, remote controllers and other keyboard pads. The rubber can fit is the coco's key stems, only it needs then a complete different outlining, because the stem is not in center of he contacts.

cb
On 5/14/2017 4:19:15 PM, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
On 5/14/2017 4:15 PM, Dave Philipsen wrote:
> This makes me think: If I understand its operation correctly, there
> are just two pieces of mylar with conductive traces and pads on each
> side. The pressure of the key causes a pad on one layer to connect
> with pad on the other layer. Why not design a PCB with some sort of
> small domed cap or other conductive material which shorts a couple of
> pads on the PCB, when pressed, at each key location?
I considered that, as one could very easily replace the mylar and the
back metal frame with a circuit board. But, can't find something that
will press down that can easily be contained on top of each pad except
for mylar.

JIm