[Coco] Using DriveWire to write network software

Lee Patterson lee at 8bitcoder.com
Thu Mar 30 18:31:12 EDT 2017

Yup, that’s the idea. Having more than 2 players is what I’m going for, and really isn’t all that much more complicated. Just need to be mindful of the amount that is being sent.

Lee

On 3/30/17, 6:19 PM, "Coco on behalf of Mark D. Overholser" <coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com on behalf of marko555.os2 at gmail.com> wrote:

    On 30-Mar-17 14:52, RETRO Innovations wrote:
    > Do a google search for NetRacer, which is a UDP-based game for the 64
    > developed by Leif Bloomquist.  I believe it uses ip65, but the entire
    > thing should be easily comvertible to the 6809 (you all in here say the
    > 09 beats the 02 any day of the week: <ducks>)
    >
    > It is a cool game, and we have played it a ton at shows.
    >

    > Jim

    <https://www.slideshare.net/leifbloomquist1/netracer-for-the-commodore-64>

    Nice Pros and Cons in the Slide Show...

    <https://github.com/LeifBloomquist/NetRacerServer>
    <https://github.com/LeifBloomquist/NetRacerClient>

    This is the kind of gaming I am thinking about..   ( and no 1541 Slow
    Disk Drive for the c64 after game in memory )

    Just looking at the Registers for the 6809/6309 compared to the 6502,
    and YES, the 6x09 does beat the 6502....

    MarkO