[Coco] Using DriveWire to write network software

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 18:19:49 EDT 2017

On 30-Mar-17 14:52, RETRO Innovations wrote:
> Do a google search for NetRacer, which is a UDP-based game for the 64
> developed by Leif Bloomquist.  I believe it uses ip65, but the entire
> thing should be easily comvertible to the 6809 (you all in here say the
> 09 beats the 02 any day of the week: <ducks>)
>
> It is a cool game, and we have played it a ton at shows.
>

> Jim

<https://www.slideshare.net/leifbloomquist1/netracer-for-the-commodore-64>

Nice Pros and Cons in the Slide Show...

<https://github.com/LeifBloomquist/NetRacerServer>
<https://github.com/LeifBloomquist/NetRacerClient>

This is the kind of gaming I am thinking about..   ( and no 1541 Slow
Disk Drive for the c64 after game in memory )

Just looking at the Registers for the 6809/6309 compared to the 6502,
and YES, the 6x09 does beat the 6502....

MarkO