[Coco] XMODE

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Mon Mar 6 16:21:56 EST 2017

On 3/6/2017 2:00 PM, Robert Gault wrote:
> Tim Fadden wrote:
>> Quick question....
>>
>> Is reading the source code the only detailed documentation for the
>> xmode command options, and what
>> the values do?
>> I was looking at the nitros9 wiki docs, but I couldn't find any
>> detailed docs there.
>> The options have changed at some time later that the detailed help I
>> have on it. :-)
>>
>> Thx,
>>

> XMODE is one of the commands that is included in the Help docs. So ...
> help xmode
> 'will display'
> Syntax: XMode <devname> [params]
> Usage : Displays or changes the parameters of an SCF device
Not to be rude, but that is just about useless help.  Not everyone is a
programmer, or is deep into compiling nitros9.  Just saying. :-)
If you have used the help command/system created by Tim Kientzle.....
that is the kind of help that is needed for non programmers.  I have
been adding commands, and updating commands to match the newer nitros9
commands as I find them.

> Ex.
> xmode /term
>
> Will give you lots of information about what /term will look/behave
> like when in use. Some of the abbreviations are obscure but can be
> found in the Level2 owners manual under sect.6 Commands and the info
> on "Opening a device window".
>
> Robert

Ya, I got that. what I need is what the params mean, and what values do
what. are they hex, are the binary, etc.  The param names have been
changed through the years. Many of them are self explanitory, but some
of them are not.
I will look at the source and try to figure it out.

Thanks for the reply though!

P.S. I'n not a total idiot, although perhaps a bit lazy. he he he :-)

--
Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.