[Coco] CoCo SDC weirdness

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Wed Mar 1 15:12:47 EST 2017

On 3/1/2017 12:57 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
>> On Mar 1, 2017, at 1:47 PM, Tim Fadden <t.fadden at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> do you think this is a bug/feature, or am I doing something wrong?
> I believe it's working as it should. I ran in to this when selecting a KenTon SCSI in my MPI, and booting RGB-DOS there, then wondering why I couldn't access the floppy. The solution offered here was a POKE to switch it back to looking at the floppy controller.
>
> You can make one .DSK image (hard drive) bootable directly, though, so no need for a boot floppy at all. I have a 128MB disk image with OS-9 and the bootfile on it:
>
> DRIVE0,"OS9BOOT":DOS
>
> 		-- A

Well, I think it is something other than that, and I want to use my scsi
disks.
If I boot off of the nitros9.dsk or nitros9.vhd in the sdc I can see the
floppies, so what is the difference between that
image and the one I made?  Will have to investigate.  I will look for
the poke info.  Although that doesn't make sense
with what I experienced with what I just said about booting nitros off
of the sdc above.

Thanks for the thought Allen!

--
Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.