[Coco] CoCo SDC weirdness

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Wed Mar 1 15:24:36 EST 2017

On 3/1/2017 1:12 PM, Tim Fadden wrote:
> On 3/1/2017 12:57 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
>>> On Mar 1, 2017, at 1:47 PM, Tim Fadden <t.fadden at cox.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> do you think this is a bug/feature, or am I doing something wrong?
>> I believe it's working as it should. I ran in to this when selecting
>> a KenTon SCSI in my MPI, and booting RGB-DOS there, then wondering
>> why I couldn't access the floppy. The solution offered here was a
>> POKE to switch it back to looking at the floppy controller.
>>
>> You can make one .DSK image (hard drive) bootable directly, though,
>> so no need for a boot floppy at all. I have a 128MB disk image with
>> OS-9 and the bootfile on it:
>>
>> DRIVE0,"OS9BOOT":DOS
>>
>>         -- A
>>
> Well, I think it is something other than that, and I want to use my
> scsi disks.
> If I boot off of the nitros9.dsk or nitros9.vhd in the sdc I can see
> the floppies, so what is the difference between that
> image and the one I made?  Will have to investigate.  I will look for
> the poke info.  Although that doesn't make sense
> with what I experienced with what I just said about booting nitros off
> of the sdc above.
>
> Thanks for the thought Allen!

Allen,
I am sure it is some kind of bug.  I booted my system off of the sdc,
Thinking I would check the nitros9 sdc
commands again.

Starting out, the floppies still not working......    I issued the sdc
command to see if i could get it to spit out a help.
Well, I then tried the floppies, and now they work!

Perhaps the guy who (sry, can't remember name) could figure it out, but
I am satisfied that I can now make it work.

Have a great day!

--
Tim Fadden
"Hey Schmidt, don't forget about the six P's.