[Coco] VCC question regarding "Back Buffer in System Ram"

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Sat Jun 3 16:47:36 EDT 2017

Hey Stevie,  I'm listening to CoCoTALK as I type this :)  Got in on it about a hour after it started.

That message means that you're not getting hardware acceleration thorough the DirectX Drivers ... For example running VCC on VirtualBox gives you that message every time.   The fact that it was working before and it's not now (even after re-installing, the VCC.2.01b-final.zip right?) makes me think that perhaps something changed on your computer.  Did you update video drivers or installed something that could have messed w/ the drivers? For example, did something change w/ your capturing software, in between it working and not?

Other than that, I'm stumped.

For VCC to be at fault, that would be really strange -- it wouldn't make sense that all the sudden it would stop being able to use the hardware acceleration, regardless of the DW4 setup.

My 2 cents ... man.

James

From: Coco <coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com> on behalf of Steve Strowbridge <ogsteviestrow at gmail.com>
Subject: [Coco] VCC question regarding "Back Buffer in System Ram"

Bill Pierce, before you even start to think about telling me to post this
issue in GitHub, I already did :)

So, my issue today, that I hope there is a quick solution to, is a recent
"feature" I've encountered where upon launching VCC I get an initial error
message that says "Creating Back Buffer in System Ram! This will be
slower", and to make things worse, in this mode, I can't move the VCC app
over to my 2nd monitor which is where I want it to do my recording stuff.

This happened when David Ladd showed me how to connect VCC to DriveWire 4
(Which is no longer running).

So I first tried to manually un-do all the changes that connected me to
drive wire, no go.
I then deleted and reinstalled the program, same issue.
Then I downloaded a clean copy, and installed to a different folder on my
computer, still the same issue.

It's a problem for me that probably wouldn't affect anyone who doesn't want
to use VCC on a different monitor, but for me it's a deal breaker on how my
current recording setup goes, and I'm probably going to have to switch
emulators if I can't get it fixed.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow