[Coco] VCC question regarding "Back Buffer in System Ram"

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 13:16:11 EDT 2017

Bill Pierce, before you even start to think about telling me to post this
issue in GitHub, I already did :)

So, my issue today, that I hope there is a quick solution to, is a recent
"feature" I've encountered where upon launching VCC I get an initial error
message that says "Creating Back Buffer in System Ram! This will be
slower", and to make things worse, in this mode, I can't move the VCC app
over to my 2nd monitor which is where I want it to do my recording stuff.

This happened when David Ladd showed me how to connect VCC to DriveWire 4
(Which is no longer running).

So I first tried to manually un-do all the changes that connected me to
drive wire, no go.
I then deleted and reinstalled the program, same issue.
Then I downloaded a clean copy, and installed to a different folder on my
computer, still the same issue.

It's a problem for me that probably wouldn't affect anyone who doesn't want
to use VCC on a different monitor, but for me it's a deal breaker on how my
current recording setup goes, and I'm probably going to have to switch
emulators if I can't get it fixed.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow