[Coco] Back to the COCO

camillus gmail camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:00:25 EST 2017

Hi, Bill.

That sounds like a plan, and you may even take out the transformer of the broken one too. I power my coco's with a wall adapter, so I do not need the transformer.

I do need to tell you that the only way to tell if the cpu is dead is to take it out and replace it with a known good one. The fact that most of them are soldered directly to the board and removing them without harm is practically zero. I do have a couple of 6309 which are pin compatible and function the same. Those cpu's goes around for 8 to 12 $.

If the GIME is shot, then that is an other animal to slaughter. Those can only be replaced by existing chips from coco3's that are broke but still have a good GIME.

The pia's are still to find on the net.

So lets hope it is just a minor problem.

cb

On 1/4/2017 8:48:11 AM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:
On 1/3/17 10:40 PM, camillus gmail wrote:
> HI Bill.
>
> I would love to look at them, the only cost would be the shipping to indiana.
>
> I have two coco3 working, so I can swap out part to test.
>
> This is my hobby and I do not charge for this.
>
> Unless of course you consider to let me keep one of the coco's for the keyboard and the case?
>
> Let me know ho this sound for you

OK. let's try this....

How about if I send you one complete broken COCO3 that would be yours
to keep and include in the package two additional broken COCO3 circuit
boards for repair (assuming reasonable in both cost and needed work)
and return? Not shipping the two additional cases (and the
transformer) would reduce the cost. Doable?

bill