[Coco] Back to the COCO

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:35:04 EST 2017

Funny you should mention that.  After seeing the comment about the COCO3 not having the 12v
required by the old floppy controller I got to wondering if it might not be better just running them
off of wall warts anyway.

If you could, send me a private email with your real mail address and I will see if I can dig up
boxes. (won't fit in even a large flat rate box! :-( )  Feel free to pull out any chips you suspect
and put in sockets.  I will gladly pay for the repairs as long as it doesn't end out exceeding
the actual cost of a new one.  :-)

And now another question for you or any of the other serious COCO hardware guys.
The MPI apparently has no more buffering than the cartridge port itself.  The Glenside
IDE has two open ports but also has no form of buffering either.  Just how hard would
it be to make something like the infamous Y-cable on a circuit board only with buffering
to protect the COCO from damage?  Getting PC boards is easy anymore with sites like
OSK (I have a handful of the cartridge boards and that is how I my Drivewire).  Is it
reasonable?

bill