[Coco] NitrOS9 L1 Coco 2b 32 col 330 04-13-2014.vhd on XRoar

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 22:15:20 EST 2017

William, the boottracks used on those disks point to the VHD for their OS9Boot file (boot_becker). The only thing used from the HDBDOS disk image (disk 200) IS the boottrack. The "boot_becker"n will always look to DW drive 0 (OS9 partition).
Try Copying the OS9Boot file (not the kernel) from the disk you created to the VHD.
It's a common mistake when using boots for HDs and such. The way it works is the "boot" file used in the boottrack (in L1, Rel, krn, krnp2, init, & boot) determines on what device rel looks for the OS9Boot. The boot I used on the XRoar Starter Kits is the "boot_becker" which looks to the VHD0, not the floppy which holds the boottrack. A standard floppy boot could be used and then it would boot from the intended floppy image on the HDBDOS drive.
I hope this makes sense.

Feel free to email me off list anytime :-)

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com