[Coco] NitrOS9 L1 Coco 2b 32 col 330 04-13-2014.vhd on XRoar

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 21:03:26 EST 2017

I hate to be a bother Bill but I cannot figure out how to get my own
OS9Boot to be recognized by the system.  The same procedure I use for VCC
is not working.

Here is what I am doing:

Insert a 35 track single sided disk image into Xroar Drive 1 making sure it
is writable
Create my 35 track single sided boot disk in /d0
Hard reset XRoar.
Press 6 to exit to BASIC
Make sure that drives 1-4 are turned off.  DRIVE OFF
(Do a DIR 0 to make sure the disk image is seen)
BACKUP 0 TO 200 ( I know that 255 is supposed to be the currently linked
drive because the program listing for the AUTOEXEC.BAS does a DOS 255
command when you press '5' to boot NitrOS-9)
DRIVE 254 (Where the HDB-DOS tools reside)
NEW:RUN"LINK.BAS"
When prompted what drive to link to I type '200'.
Hard reset XRoar
Press 6 to exit to BASIC
DOS 200
NitrOS-9 boots and I do a 'mdir" command. It's not my OS9Boot that has
loaded.  It's still the default OS9Boot.

I have tried backing up to drive 255 and booting both with and without
running the LINK.BAS program.

Deleting the OS9Boot from the DriveWire drive /x0 and replacing it with my
OS9Boot makes NitrOS-9 crash before the version information is displayed.
Deleting my OS9Boot and replacing it with the original OS9Boot also causes
NitrOS-9 to crash before the version information is displayed.  Is there a
documented procedure for creating you own OS9Boot?

Thanks,

William Carlin