[Coco] Back to the COCO

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun Jan 1 19:44:34 EST 2017

Bill Gunshannon wrote:
><snip>
> Thanks for the suggestions, some further comments.  Disk drives work on
> other vintage machines and PC's so I don't think it's the drives.
 ><snip>
And, as stated, exact same symptom trying to do hard disks using the
Glenside and SCSI controller.
><snip>
> bill

Bill,

Given that your Coco3 works with HDBDOS for Drivewire, the drives work with
other computers, and you have problems with hard drive controllers on the Coco,
the problem would seem to be within the Coco3.
These types of hardware problems are very difficult to handle even for
electronics tinkerers. You can try cleaning the Coco rompack port connectors but
that is a long shot. You will need suggestions from our hardware experts.

Robert