[Coco] Early CoCo Floppy Drives with Big Door Latch Release Lever

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sat Sep 3 22:15:16 EDT 2016

On Saturday 03 September 2016 19:43:43 Mark J. Blair wrote:

> So, about those early CoCo drives that had the big lever on the front
> to unlatch the door:
>
> picture: https://twitter.com/nf6x/status/772196177919877124
>
> Were those drive bezels used on any other computer systems, or were
> they designed and made exclusively for the CoCo?

Those were Tandon drives with shack labels & they AFAIK, were all DS 40
or DS80 track drives. 35 track SS when on the end of a stock coco drive
cable. Fill in the missing teeth, and they are instantly usable when
running OS-9, with the correct drive descriptor.  I wore out 2 of the 80
track versions but it took me over a decade to the first failure.  Good
old drives, them is.

> --
> Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
> http://www.nf6x.net/