[Coco] Obvious newbie question?

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Sat Jun 25 17:06:11 EDT 2016

The standard cassette cable that came with a coco will work:  5 pin din
on one end, then three phono plugs on the other.  One plug, smaller than
the rest, used for motor on/off, ignore that one.  The other two, one is
audio out, one is audio in (mic).  Plugging those into the proper audio
in/outs on your PC, then play your wav. Generally a bit of trial and
error to get it going.  Considerations:

1)  Figure out which plugs go in which ports on your PC
2)  Find a way to play (and you can record also) WAV files
3)  Get the volume right
4)  If necessary, disable all "sound effects" that are generally active
by default on your sound card.

-RobertH