[Coco] NitrOS-9 6309 L1 v3.3.0 Coco 1 Boots Great!

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 19:26:26 EDT 2016

On Wed Apr 13 2016, Kip Koon wrote:

Hi Rogelio,
> For a stock CoCoSDC.dsk file with NitrOS-9 6309 L1 v3.3.0 Coco 1, I have 2
> free regions in ram.  $900 - $99FF = 143 and $A300-$A3FF=1 for a total of
> 144 free blocks divided by 4 blocks per K = 36KB Total free ram.
> What is the minimum requirements to run Logo?  What is your setup you wish
> to use for Logo?  If you need some help configuring your OS9Boot file, let
> me know and I'll help.  Will you use CocoSDC for storage, Drivewire 4, or
> floppies.  Of course I would think the CocoSDC would be the fastest setup.
> These days, I have grown to really appreciate the CocoSDC quite a bit.
> Thanks Darren for bring SD/SDHC memory card storage to the Coco!
> Before I leave for Bible study tonight, I just booted Logo on the stock
> CocoSDC.dsk I mentioned above and it loaded and executed great.  I have not
> tried running any of the programs it comes with yet.  I help this helps.
> Take care my friend.

Thanks for the follow up Kip. Let me run the thing again to confirm version
and memory requirement/usage.

 I was using real floppieswhen doing the Logo trials, have a SDC so that's
another option. Was thinking of going the old school way to trim the
bootfile, pretty much the way described on the Guide To OS9 book by Puckett
and Dibble... need the exercise :-)

-- RP