[Coco] DS1216

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Sep 23 09:24:28 EDT 2015

Kelly, if you're using the disassembler from the repo disks, it's a 6309 compatible disasm... hence the odd instructions.
Now why is it throwing 6309 code up when it's a 6809 program? It's hitting the FCBs & FDBs at the beginning and seeing them as code... some are reading as 6309 stuff. That's why you have no data at the beginning.

Try using Sleuth... it will give you the "Entry" address when it reads the file in, you can then set the FCB/FDB/FCC/FCS areas, and do fake disasms until you get all set... then save it to disk. I think you'll get a better disassembly with Sleuth... unless it IS actually 6309 code..... But what you described sounded like 6809 being disassembled by 6309 disasm from the wrong entry point.

Also, I think the sources are on RTSI...
Try this and see if it's the same program:
http://ftp://os9archive.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/SYSMODS/RTC_Disto_RGB_Utils.lzh

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/