[Coco] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Re Links Broken or Down

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Sep 22 07:33:20 EDT 2015

Plt at freemail2.com wrote:
> Let me explain. A friend gave me the harddrive image of nitroos9 a and the boot disk and that works fine and boots up into os9 not rsdos. I like use the 20 mb harddrive because it give me some more storage space.
>
> When I try and boot the system using the same nitroos9 harddrive image file with the boot disk that was provided in the link it displays nitroos9 on the screen and locks up.

You really are not explaining your problems very well. Best I can tell from the
above is that you do not understand the OS-9 boot process. You can either boot
directly from the hard drive image, in which case you probably do not have an
OS9Boot file containing the needed modules for inetd to work or you can boot
from the suggested floppy disk images but will not be able to access your hard
drive for similar OS9Boot reasons.

It is not going to be possible to transfer any of the floppy disk images
available in the links given to you to the hard drive image and boot directly
from the hard drive.

The content of the OS-9 kernel will determine whether you will boot from a
floppy, a hard drive, or something like Drivewire. The kernel then needs to find
the location of OS9Boot which is pointed to by DD.BT in the first sector of the
disk from which you want to boot.

I suggest you forget about the hard drive image for now and just try to boot
from an appropriate floppy and see if you can get inetd to work. Once you have
success with the floppy, you can then create a suitable "boot disk" for the hard
drive so that you can boot directly from the hard drive and also have inetd working.

Robert