[Coco] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Re Links Broken or Down

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Sep 22 08:58:41 EDT 2015

Being a DW4 fanatic and an avid VCC user, I've been watching this thread with interest... and confussion. It has 3 or 4 different topic subjects, and each one is saying something different... one topic is "I'm using 6809" then one of the others states he's using "nos9l26309v030300coco3_becker"... that's a 6309 disk and will not work on 6809. There's one piece of information in one thread, another in another. I've found that when posting something major to this list, you MUST supply ALL info in your initial post if you're going to get a proper answer... there's people answering for real Coco setups, Vcc setups, and hardware HD setups... I have no idea which is actually being used.

So to finally fix this...
Please answer these questions:
Are you using a real Coco or Vcc?
If it's a Coco, 6809 or 6309 cpu?
If it's Vcc, what version ? (1.42, 1.43b, or 2.01) and what cpu is it set for? (6809 or 6309)
What version does OS9 show in the version you can boot?
Where are you putting the VHD image? ( dw4 slot or Vcc's HD slot)

If you are using a real Coco, then the Becker dsk is your problem.... wrong disk!
If you are using 6809, then the 6309 disk in the wrong disk

Saying "I got the hd from a friend" does not tell us a thing about what version of OS9 it's booting. And the version of OS9 IS important if trying to use DW4 as DW4 will not run on older versions!
Right now, the only version of NitrOS9 I would be running is v3.3.0. and for Dw4 v4.3.3o (or p).

Now... if you ARE running Vcc, I suggest dumping that whole setup as the settings seem to be screwed by now and go to my site and get the "VCC DW4 HDBDOS NitrOS9 Started Kit".
Install the kit, and during installation you will see a "README" file pop up... READ IT!... if you do not read it... you will never get it to run as that file tells you where to install the VHD images. This is a 'special' NOS9 boot which boots to the Vcc internal HD from Dw4, but allows access to DW4's VHDs. This boot is not available in the NOS9 repo.

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/the-color-computer-drivewire4-hdbdos-nitros9-starter-kit

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/