[Coco] [SPAM] Re: Drivewire4

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Sep 20 12:11:17 EDT 2015

On Sunday 20 September 2015 11:25:30 Plt at freemail2.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> I read the link that you provided and I am still confused what I need
> to do? I have the nitro os9 boot disk and the hard drive image. The
> system boot up fine. Do I need to create a new boot disk because I
> keep getting a 221 error? If I need to create a new boot disk what
> drivers do I need to load and how do I create a new boot?
>

> Phil Taylor

Short answer is yes Phil, to get the initial drivewire stuff into your
bootfile.  If you cannot download the correct image it will be near
imnpossible.

My initial way was to grab the disk image ".dsk" needed to this linux
box, setup a slow serial connection between a terninal program, minicom
here, to an Deluxe rs232 pack in my MPI (s/b simpler if using vcc), and
copy that .dsk image to my existing hard drive.  Then I modified a spare
disk descriptor to set the wnd and ofs values to point at the first byte
of that file, effectively making it a separate disk.  From there, I was
able to do a dsave to get it all into a subdir on that hard drive.  That
gave me enough of drivewire that I could then make a new boot floppy
with the scripts/mb file. Copied and modified for both the mb, and the
bootlists/bl file of course.  Transfered to a boot image in hdbdos once
the floppy boot was working by changing the boot module in the bootrack
from the floppy to the hard drive version.

You are using an emulator, so it should be a lot easier to do.  But its
enough difference that I can't advise authoritively as I run it on the
real hardware.

Once you have drivewire running, then its very easy to 'mount' that dsk
in driverwire and make a new boot.

> > On Sep 20, 2015, at 10:57 AM, Aaron Wolfe <aawolfe at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The stock Nitros9 disks for drivewire include everything you need.
> > Documentation for configuring is found here:
> > http://sourceforge.net/p/drivewireserver/wiki/Using_DriveWire/#inetd
> >
> > If that doesn't make things clear, feel free to tell us where you
> > get stuck and I'm sure we can sort it out.
> >
> >> On Sun, Sep 20, 2015, 10:02 AM Plt at freemail2.com
> >> <plt at freemail2.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hello
> >>
> >> I am trying to figure out how to allow incoming telnet request to
> >> nitro-os9? After I boot up the nitro-os9  it saids on the welcome
> >> screen welcome to nitro-os9 but I am not sure what driver I need to
> >> have loaded? If I need to make a new boot disk in order for the
> >> driver to be loaded and how to make the new boot disk?
> >>
> >> Is their how to that explains how to do all of it please? Sorry
> >> it's been a very long time since the last time I had to make a boot
> >> disk to boot up to the hd. I am using the vcc emulator.
> >>

> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Phil Taylor
> >>
> >> --

Cheers, Gene Heskett