[Coco] A Video Timing Question

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 13 18:34:11 EDT 2015

On 14/09/2015 8:23 AM, tim franklinlabs.com wrote:

>     My FIFO method is similar
>     to what you're speaking of Mark in that I allow the CPU to write to a
>     FIFO on an independent clock and the data is transferred in bursts
>     during the blanking time.

Just to be clear, and apologies if you realise this, in the scheme I
described the VGA controller used a read FIFO that would be filled
whilst holding off the CPU. There was no cache/FIFO in useby the CPU at all.

Of course as you say, there's more than one way to skin a cat, and the
scheme you describe is just as valid.

Regards,

--
| <http://pacedev.net> |