[Coco] Disk Controllers for the Dragon...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optimum.net
Mon Oct 26 11:08:33 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Barry Nelson wrote:

> Huh? Say what? (Scratches head in bewilderment.) Ok, if you say so, I
> guess.
>
> I am not really sure what work you are referring to. I just copied an
> image of every floppy disk I could possibly every want to my CoCoSDC
> on a 4G SD card, then I just tell it which image(s) I want in which
> drives, and off I go. No more lost disks, I/O errors, disks that won’t
> read, etc. But to each his own. I do have disk drives myself, but
> since hooking up the CoCoSDC the floppy drives usually stay in storage
> except for when I need to read some software off old disks to save it
> to an image, which is hardly ever now.

EXACTLY!

Way too much work to track down, image, and copy every Coco floppy I
have to an SD card. MUCH easier to leave them on a floppy and access
them when, and if I need them.

At that time, I image them in Drivewire.

I don't have a Multi-pak, can't afford one, and already own a floppy
controller and drives. I have no way to put a CocoSDC and my floppy
controller on the system at the same time to image my floppies.

I don't feel a lack of a CocoSDC in my life.

Why do people think that the way they want to play with their Coco is
the way that everyone else should?

I prefer using my Coco the way I always have. With my disk controller
and disk drives which work perfectly fine.

-[ Al ]-