[Coco] VCC2.0.1 and DriveWire

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Oct 19 09:42:18 EDT 2015

Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 6:41 AM, Pere <psergm at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> @Barry, the '#' trick works flawlessly, great!
>>
>> @Aaron, Changing that parameter in DW4 server works great too, but it seems
>> that then to access slot 0 as VHD requires DRIVE#n and then DIR ... maybe
>> I am missing something (?)
>>

> If you want to access more than one DW drive at once in HDBDOS, you will
> need to use HDBDOS mode.  I added it to DriveWire because most people
> expect to use the DW drives as single disk drive that load single disk
> images.
>
> I am not sure what "VHD" means exactly, don't think I made any support in
> DW for that.  If it's just linear sectors then should work OK but probably
> not in HDBDOS mode.  That's for using the DW drives as "regular" drives.
>
> -Aaron

.VHD means essentially nothing and is merely a label indicating the file
is a hard drive image, completely linear, with the first $5A000 bytes
for OS-9 and then 256, 35-track, Disk Basic drives.
That means Drivewire doesn't need to do anything to read these images if
the correct ROM is mounted in VCC. The correct ROM would need the $5A000
offset.
With the default Becker ROM with a $000000 offset, Drivewire would need
to set an offset to read Basic drives on the image. Nothing needs to be
done for NitrOS-9.

Robert