[Coco] Photos at the coco lounge

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Oct 4 16:19:24 EDT 2015

Probably is. When IBM started using DB-25 for serial ports, they made them
the reverse of parallel ports : on the computer, parallel is female,
serial is male. So, it looks like a parallel port. However, some other
devices were made to use DB-25, in ways that are not at all pin-compatible
with parallel nor serial. It was a generic plug not designed for any
use in particular.

BUT, by looking at the tech manual, it seems that the only DB-25 port that
they mention is a serial port (curiously, the same pinout is found 3 times
in the manual). So, it looks like it's a serial after all ! 8-(

http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/trs80/m4tech.pdf