[Coco] ADOS and other software

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Oct 4 15:47:22 EDT 2015

I have lots of files in my collection too, but never sent anything to the
archive. For example, I have ADOS.BIN, 8202 bytes, with ADOS.BAS, 699
bytes. Does that sound like it ?

The last thing I did with my modest collection, was to copy all RSDOS
disks (about 200 of them) to my Linux hard disk, which will make it easy
to find files by name, suffix, size in bytes, md5 signature, sequence of
content bytes, etc. Many are .BIN software that could belong in the
archive (if I find which ones are not in the archive), many other are .BAS
software copied from Rainbow (mostly by hand), and many others are .BAS I
wrote by myself when I was a kid. I also have the disk images in case of
weird filesystem hacks. I didn't copy my OS9 disks, though.

Do you (everybody on the cocolist) have a list of all software that you
know exist, but that you don't have, or are missing some files, or have
broken files, or for which you don't know whether a file is broken ? I
might be able to help.

Le 2015-09-28 à 15:27:00, Barry Nelson a écrit :

> Well, I'm glad to hear that now, but at the time I could not find it in any archives and no one else volunteered to send me a disk. I had posted, if I recall, on Atariage, and a few other places and sent emails. This was some time ago (2 years ago), and was for the original ADOS, not ADOS3. Google searches at the time came back with no good results. At the time ADOS3 was available in a few archives, but not ADOS. Also, if you had or have those (or other) disks in your collection, if you are so inclined, perhaps you could contact the author if needed for permission to post them and upload them to the archive sites as I did if they are not already there. As it stands now, I just tried a search and the only sites I found with the CoCo 1/2 version of ADOS available for download are the sites I uploaded it to. Another example of a piece of software that was hard to locate was Erland, a game that I own that my disk went bad. I have a good copy now, so I'm sure now I'll get 50 people tell
 ing me that they have had it all along. :)